Sunday, August 2, 2020

I Own a Boutique in NYC, and These Are My Fall Trend Predictions

Meet Telsha Anderson. Hers is a name you'll want to remember, as she's taking the New York fashion world by storm with the arrival of her new luxury concept store t.a. in NYC's Meatpacking District. The store, which was notably inspired by Anderson's mother and grandmother’s one-of-a-kind closets, was set to open in March, but when Covid-19 put things on the backburner, she pivoted to e-commerce. Just in time for fall shopping, t.a. was finally able to open in early July, and it's packed with cool, under-the-radar brands like PRISCAVera, William Okpo, PH5, Completedworks, pushBUTTON, and Lady Grey.

With summer coming to a close sooner rather than later, I was eager to get Anderson's fresh perspective about fall 2020 trends. Given the year we have, fashion has undoubtedly been shaken up, and the trends we saw on the runways in February and March may not be exactly what everyone will be wearing come October, so Anderson's predictions as to what people will be wearing are particularly invaluable.

Scroll to find out which 7 trends Telsha Anderson says will be everywhere this fall.

"I am actually looking forward to seeing people step their face mask game up! I love seeing brands discovering new, sustainable ways to produce masks, so I'm excited to see how some will pair them with their fall wardrobe."

"A good oversized button-up with the right amount of masculine and femininity will always be my go-to, especially for the cooler seasons, allowing for endless layering!"

"You can't ever go wrong here—not even at home. It'll be year 2065 and denim will still be preferred because of how comfortable and versatile it can be."

"I see a nice pair of luxe socks as a different level of comfort which reminds me of home. Nothing else compares to time spent with loved ones, especially during the colder seasons, so my favorite to wear are by Comee Si."

"I high-key have a feeling that the grunge vintage look is making a comeback! But I did just buy 4,905,849 vintage T-shirts, so that's probably me just projecting the trend for my own selfish purposes."

"Ottolinger and Beaufille F/W20 collections both featured women's power suits that I am so excited to have in-store! I love me a good two-piece and look forward to seeing the trend make its way back to NYC."

Shop the matching Pernille Woven Straight-Leg Pants ($164).
Shop the matching Prince of Wales Checked Woven Wide-Leg Pants ($80).

"t.a. carries a few of PH5’s asymmetrical dresses and they fly off the shelves! I’ll be revisiting the brand for F/W20, so I'm eager to see the trend continue."

Next up, the most comfortable trends to wear this fall.



from Who What Wear https://ift.tt/2PkRrzO

No comments:

Post a Comment

From Suede Bags to Sporty Jackets, Miu Miu's Back to Define What'll Be Cool Come Spring 2025

Are you writing this down? from WhoWhatWear RSS Feed https://ift.tt/5DOui31