Tuesday, February 22, 2022

28 Tried-and-True Basics I'd Be Lost Without

Everyone talks about wardrobe basics so much that the word "basics" tends to lose its meaning. Trust me—I get it (I'm a very self-aware fashion editor). But there's a reason we all want to know what basics are best: They take up the majority of our wardrobes and get the most wear, so they are indeed important. And the best basics are the ones that come highly recommended via personal experience.

Speaking of personal experience, I'm here to share mine, which I hope will help you shop if you're in the market for new clothes. I'm giving some of my own unsolicited basics recommendations, as I have some new favorites I want to share (in addition to the ones I've been wearing for years). Scroll on for the jeans, tees, blazers, dresses (and so on) that I get so much wear out of, I'd say "I have nothing to wear" a lot if they were gone.

I wear jeans a lot, but when I decide it's time to change things up, I reach for these expensive-looking vegan leather pants. The fit is so good.
From the first time I put these jeans on, they've been my go-to most favorite pair.
Finding the perfect pants is a constant mission of mine. These are my latest top-notch discovery.
If you need a new pair of leggings, these are my new favorites. They're as comfortable as they are flattering.
No other turtleneck bodysuits hold a candle to Woldford's gorgeous versions. This camel-colored one is my latest purchase. 
I've tried many different sweatshirts but this is one of my favorites by far. It's very soft and has a great slouchy-but-not-too-slouchy fit.
I've worn this gorgeous leather blazer more times than I can count. It's surprisingly tricky to find a good oversize leather blazer, especially for under $400.
This heavyweight cropped tee is perfect for short girls such as myself.
All I can say is that you need to click through and see how chic this bodysuit looks on.
I ordered these in an attempt to not wear denim shorts all the time, and it was a wise decision as they're the most comfortable shorts I own.
I sleep in one of these ridiculously comfortable tees every night. 
Another great sweatshirt I think you should know about.
& Other Stories makes the best affordable jeans. This is the pair I'm currently wearing on repeat.
Speaking of & Other Stories jeans, this is the other style I'm obsessed with. (Pro tip: I recommend sizing up in their jeans.)
The perfect button-down I wish I owned in every color.
Speaking of The Frankie Shop, I'm a baseball cap girl and this logo one is my current favorite.
Once spring and summer hits, I live in these gorgeous Aritzia tanks.
I've finally gotten rid of all of my super-short denim shorts and invested in longer styles that are much more comfortable to wear.
This is the swimsuit version of the perfect LBD.
If you see my and the temperature is above 70 degrees, there's a good chance I'll be wearing these.
Everything Alo makes is incredibly soft, and this is so exception. I wear it to and from pilates on a weekly basis.
If you're looking for the softest, most on-trend T-shirts that are loved by celebs like Hailey and Kendall, allow me to introduce you to Eterne.
I live in the South, so I tend to swap out leggings for bike shorts in the summer. These became fast favorites after I bought them last year.
I'm a firm believer that everyone should own a North Face puffer. They're so lightweight yet warm.
I don't know what it is about this simple sweater but it's so easy to wear and looks chic with everything.
There are a lot of sweatpants to choose from, but I'm partial to Reformation's.
In my opinion, everything about this black midi dress is perfect.
My sneaker collection wouldn't be complete without the classic New Balance 574s.

Next up, 9 items I purged from my closet and lived to regret.



from Who What Wear https://ift.tt/jiBN0Fy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Just Got Back From Paris—30 Fashion and Beauty Picks That Ooze French-Girl Vibes

Bonjour! from WhoWhatWear RSS Feed https://ift.tt/9CXhB0P