Monday, May 23, 2022

Father's Day Is Quickly Approaching—Here's What the Fashion Set Is Gifting

I shop for a living, so I've mastered the art of finding the perfect gift for every holiday. Right now, I'm on the hunt for the perfect Father's Day gift for my dad (who's also a grandpa to my 3-year-old daughter) and want to get him something he'll actually use.

My fellow editors and I know that the best way to find a perfect gift is to hit up a multi-brand retailer like Macy's, where you can find almost anything you're looking for at any price. Know a dad who loves to barbecue? Guaranteed you'll find him something to flip those burgers. Looking for something for a tech guy? Macy's selection of nice, work-appropriate shirts is next level (and very Who What Wear–approved). Below, see what's on our editors' lists for Father's Day, and start shopping early.

"This Calvin Klein bomber jacket is a great option because even though it's a trendy style, it seems like it'll be a timeless piece. Menswear can get a bit repetitive, so it's nice to see unique and fresh silhouettes, especially when shopping for gifts."
"My dad cycles through cologne like it's his job, so I can never go wrong by adding another option to his dresser. I love how this set includes both a full-size option and a travel-size one, so he can keep it at home but also carry it on the go with ease."
"You can never really go wrong with a pair of classic Ray-Ban sunglasses. The silhouettes are clean, versatile, and forward. I think any dad would be happy to receive these."
"New Balance shoes are known as the quintessential 'dad' sneaker, so why not go for one of the brand's more modern and updated designs? Also, the best gifts are the ones you get a lot of use out of, and the comfortability of these sneakers will make whoever is wearing them very happy."
"Do you ever look to buy a gift and then think, This is a cute idea, but would they ever really use it? I have, and that won't be the case with this electronic toothbrush. I know it's not the most glamorous of gifts, but I find that some people skimp out on buying the more pricey, practical things for themselves. But they'd be more than happy to get them as gifts."
"What makes a watch such a great gift is its everyday wearability. Once you own one, you want to wear it every day, and it becomes an integral part of your wardrobe and daily routine. And nothing makes a gift a success like the receiver putting it to constant use."
"Clothes are notoriously hard to buy for other people. But when a piece is as classic and timeless as this Polo Ralph Lauren windbreaker, the job is infinitely easier."
"My dad has had the same wallet for at least a decade. Knowing that, I'm using Father's Day as an excuse to buy him the fresh one he won't buy for himself."
"Buying socks as a gift might be a joke in every late-'90s holiday movie, but when socks are this good—I'm talking soft, durable, and branded with the cutest Polo logo—no one will be laughing when they come out of the box."
"Do you ever buy a gift for someone because you secretly want it for yourself? That's the case with these Maui Jim sunglasses, which are both practical and stylish, making them just the sort of sunnies on my own personal wish list. I'll let my dad enjoy them for a while, but eventually, they will absolutely be mine."
"For anyone who's a master behind the grill, a good stainless steel five-piece set of barbecue tools is guaranteed to please. It's a gift that the whole family can enjoy."
"When it comes to shaving cream, you can't go wrong with Dior Sauvage shaving gel. It not only smells incredible but it creates a luxe shaving experience. I would recommend this gift for the man who loves to take good care of his skin and takes his facial hair game seriously."
"My dad is a bow-tie man. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen him wear any other tie style before. He loves the classic American vibe, so Tommy Hilfiger is a go-to brand for him."
"I don't think anyone loves coffee more than my dad does. This Nespresso machine makes cafe-level coffee drinks at home. It's the gift that keeps on giving. I have great memories of sharing a cup of coffee at home with my dad, so this gift feels special."
"This gift is perfect for the dad who loves a good piece of jewelry. This watch is a Swiss automatic for the active and more sporty dad on the go. I love the warmth of the brown leather strap."
"My dad is a huge surfer, so I know he'll love anything by Quiksilver. He has a significant collection of surf T-shirts, and this one would be a super-practical and wearable addition."
"Since Father's Day enjoys a prime spot at the beginning of summer, it's never a bad idea to shop for vacation-ready items. A high-quality sun hat is a no-brainer because it's both useful and a fun way to look forward to summer travel."
"Even if you're buying a gift for a picky shopper, they won't be disappointed by the timeless Wayfarer sunglasses by Ray-Ban (I promise), which truly look good on everyone and will never go out of style."
"My dad lived in Hawaii for a bit as a kid, so he loves anything and everything tropical-themed. It's not Father's Day without a great Hawaiian shirt, right?"
"My dad still carries a duffle bag to the airport. I've been anxious to upgrade his luggage to a sleek roller like this one, which has tons of great reviews. It's a particularly great idea if you're buying a gift for someone nearing retirement. It will remind them of post-work travel opportunities."


from Who What Wear https://ift.tt/O5oXZKM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hailey Bieber Wore the Shoe Color You're Not Wearing (But Should Be)

I need at least three pairs immediately. from WhoWhatWear RSS Feed https://ift.tt/u8A2yGO