Friday, June 24, 2022

FYI: 9 Genius Tips I Learned From Studying Hailey Bieber's Beauty Routine

Some people wind down for the night by lighting a candle and settling into a good book, some people sip a glass of wine and run a bath, and some people take an evening jaunt around the block with their dog. Me? I binge-watch beauty tutorials. (I'm a beauty editor, so you can't be that surprised, right?) TikTok, Instagram, YouTube—I don't discriminate, but I could spend hours (and I mean hours) watching Vogue's celebrity-led Beauty Secrets series.

At this point, I don't know if there's a celebrity left on earth who hasn't made an appearance on the channel to give viewers a rundown of their beauty routine, whether it's a going-out makeup look or their evening skincare routine. Even though a huge part of my job is interviewing celebrities about their skin and makeup secrets, I'm a sponge, so I love absorbing new tricks and product recommendations at any chance I get. 

I've always been drawn to Hailey Bieber's fashion and beauty aesthetic. I prefer minimalist looks just like she does, so you can imagine my interest when the model and brand founder (if you haven't joined the wait-listed masses for her new skincare line, Rhode, this is your sign!) made her second appearance on the series. Her first was four years ago, and you can watch that here.

For her most recent installment, Bieber chose to showcase her date-night skincare and makeup routine. As she describes it in Vogue's video, it's her go-to "glowy going-out makeup look." Fun fact: A lot of her inspiration comes from '90s supermodels, Pinterest, and TikTok. Of course, you can watch the video in its 12-minute-long glory, but if you'd like some bite-sized, super-fast takeaways, keep scrolling. Below, I'm sharing nine genius makeup and skincare tips I learned from studying Bieber's beauty routine, plus all of the most necessary products if you want to try her process for yourself.

"I'm going to start with this Environ Moisturizing Toner, says Bieber. "I love any toner that is great for hydration and helps to give you that glow." In lieu of cotton or reusable makeup pads, the model and entrepreneur uses her hands and palms to press the formula into her skin.
In the video, Bieber completes her skin prep by applying Rhode's Peptide Glazing Fluid, followed up by the brand's Barrier Restore Cream. But instead of opting for a separate eye cream altogether, she goes back in with the Glazing Fluid, lightly applying it underneath her eyes before popping on Dieux Skin's cult-loved Forever Eye Masks.
"I love glowy foundation. I love something that feels like it's just enhancing the skin," Bieber continues. Her formula of choice? Chanel's Vitalumière. And because she's a fan of that super-natural skin look (e.g., she wants her foundation application to look undetectable), she prefers to diffuse the coverage by taking one pump of Rhode's Glazing Fluid and mixing it into her hands with the foundation. But the beauty secrets don't stop there! Bieber likes to apply said concoction to her face with her hands—no brushes or sponges necessary. This was something she learned backstage from legendary makeup artist Pat McGrath, and Bieber says she feels it gives her the most natural-looking finish. 
"This is the Kosas concealer—I just love that it's creamy and hydrating and leaves just this dewy finish on my skin," Bieber shares. She concentrates her application under and around her eyes; around her nose, chin, and T-zone; and, last but not least, right underneath her cheekbones (a trick she learned on TikTok), which she feels gives her a more sculpted look.  For her concealer, Bieber used a Beautyblender for easy, breezy blending. 
"This is the Tom Ford Shade & Illuminate Cream Face Palette. I've been using this for years—that's how much I love it," says Bieber. As she applies the product lightly around her cheekbones, temples, forehead, and nose, she explains that she gravitates toward creamy, hydrating formulas and doesn't like to do harsh cuts with contour. (FYI: The Tom Ford palette has limited availability online right now, so trust me when I say Refy's Cream Bronzer ($26) is just as good or better!) 
Obviously, not all of us have Bieber's hazel-green eye color, but if your eye color is similar or if you just want to channel Bieber's eye makeup MO, reach for a pink-purple shimmery liquid shadow (she likes the above from Ariana Grande's brand R.e.m Beauty) and then add some more definition with a powder taupe number. In the video, she used a shade from Kylie Cosmetics' since discontinued Stormi Palette, but the shade Leo Szn from the brand's 24K Birthday Collection (below) works the same type of magic. 
"I always love a little razzle-dazzle, a little sparkle, especially if it's date night or more of a special occasion," the model shares. She reaches for Róen's Mood 4Ever Eyeshadow Palette, specifically the bottom left shade called Toasty.
"Recently, I haven't been liking to put mascara on my bottom lashes—only on the top," reveals Bieber. "Just because I feel like it's more fresh looking."
"I really love my natural lip color, so … anytime I can find products that feel like they enhance it, I definitely gravitate toward those products," Bieber notes. She keeps things ultra-simple by overlining her lips with Make Up For Ever's multiuse lip pencil and topping everything off with Rhode's glossy Peptide Lip Treatment. Hot tip: While Bieber subtly overlines her entire bottom lip, she only overdraws the Cupid's bow of her top lip, and for the rest, she stays within her natural lip line. 

Up next, I Tried Hailey Bieber's Holy-Grail Vitamin C Serum, and Now I'm Obsessed



from Who What Wear https://ift.tt/DnGQKP3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Katie Holmes Just Wore the $35 Bag I Suddenly Need in Every Color

See how she styled it. from WhoWhatWear RSS Feed https://ift.tt/GshJ3bv