Sunday, August 13, 2023

Summer Was Harsh on My Hair and Skin—30 Fall Beauty Items I'm Buying to Help

Most Wanted is a weekly series in which one Who What Wear team member or friend of the brand will share the top 30 fashion and beauty finds on their current wish list.

Listen, I love summer, but spending so much time outside, under the sun, and in the water, takes a toll. Despite my best efforts to apply (and reapply) sunscreen, use hydrating products, moisturize my hair, and lay off heat tools, I find myself in need of a boost come fall. That's where I'm at right now. When I look in the mirror, I see dark spots and lackluster skin. I see split ends and breakage in my hair. Even my nails are worse for wear. 

Alas, I'm a beauty editor, and I won't put up with this. That's why, this year, I'm taking my fall beauty routine seriously. I'm investing in high-tech skin devices and science-backed skincare products. I'm investing in moisturizing hair masks and shine-boosting treatments. I'm even focusing on using makeup products that will help me minimize the new imperfections that popped up this summer. In other words, I'm consciously and meticulously crafting my fall beauty routine so I can squeeze every last benefit out of it. Ahead, check out all 30 items. 

I took a break from retinol this summer, just because I knew I'd be in the sun a lot. Retinol makes your skin more susceptible to UV rays, and even though I wear sunscreen, I still felt like I should hit pause. Now that fall is near, I'm starting back up again with this medical-grade 1% retinol for smoothing and resurfacing benefits. 
As I said, my summer sun damage is real, so I need all the brightening help I can get. These pads, which are soaked in four different types of vitamin C, are just the ticket. I've been using them for a while now, and I can see a visible improvement in my skin. 
Dermaplaning removes dead skin cells from the surface of the skin, revealing brighter, fresher skin underneath. It also removes peach fuzz, and come fall, I need that. 
Not only does this product improve skin tone and radiance, but it also adds a really pretty luster to the skin, almost like an all-over highlighter. I'll be using it under other complexion products, like foundation and concealer, to amp up my skin's glow. 
My lips are so dry and thin from too much sun exposure and not enough TLC throughout the summer. To help, I'm turning to this ghee-based lip balm. I recently tried it, and when I tell you I'm obsessed, it feels like an understatement. It's so soothing, hydrating, and nourishing, and the best part is it smells incredible. The chai scent truly makes me feel like I'm walking through Star's Hollow on a crisp autumn day. Enough said. 
My summer sun damage is major, but I don't want to wear a full-coverage foundation every day, so I'll be using this new skin tint from Fenty Beauty. It offers long-wearing, light coverage and it promises to smooth and blur the skin. 
I know this is called a primer, but to me, it's more like a primer-skin tint-SPF hybrid. It offers sheer coverage that smooths and blurs the look of the skin (perfect for days when you don't feel like wearing foundation), preps the skin for makeup (perfect for days when you do feel like wearing foundation), and protects the skin with SPF 30. What more could I ask for? 
To fake a summer glow long after it's gone, I'll be dialing up my blush usage. I like this powder formula. It adds a foolproof touch of blendable color to my cheeks. 
For a liquid or cream blush, I'll turn to this one from Saie. I'm already obsessed with the shade Dreamy, which is a cool berry color, but I want to try the shade Chilly, which is a cool-toned mauve. Something tells me it might be the blush of the season...
I know this is expensive, but like I said, I'm not messing around when it comes to my fall skincare routine. It contains a blend of low and medium-weight hyaluronic acid which hydrate and contribute to a more lifted appearance. It also contains a specific combination of firming peptides, vitamin C, and niacinamide. Because of this, it covers all the skincare bases, making it a true multi-tasking product. 
My parched hair needs some serious hydration, so I'll be using this hair oil until further notice. With Tsubaki and meadowfoam seed oil, it moisturizes, adds shine, and softens hair without weighing it down. 
I'm already obsessed with the Joanna Vargas Vitamin C Face Wash ($40), but come fall, I'm going to use that in the morning and this iconic cleanser at night. The combo will be just what my dull, dehydrated skin needs. 
To fix my dull, damaged hair, I'll be using this prewash glossing product. It uses prickly pear seed oil, moringa seed oil, and shea butter to condition hair, add shine, and repair damage. 
I'm really intrigued by this vitamin C-rich body moisturizer. After a long summer spent by the beach, my dry, uneven skin needs some help, and I'm hoping this will do the job. The fact that it has a lightly fruity, sweet scent is all the more reason to add it to my fall beauty wish list. 
I have to pair it with the matching body wash of course. I'm hoping this helps perk me up on cold and cloudy fall mornings. 
Once summer is over, and I won't be in the sun as much, I'm going to start using this body retinol to reap all the smoothing, brightening, and resurfacing benefits of my favorite anti-aging ingredient. 
Repeat after me: we still need to wear sunscreen in the fall! Historically, I've been more into chemical sunscreens than mineral ones, just because I hate residue, pilling, and white casts, but this mineral sunscreen does none of that. Instead, it provides a smooth, glowy base for makeup. I'm obsessed. 
With both red and blue LED lights, this mask targets both acne and wrinkles. I use it for the latter. In just 10 minutes per day, I've noticed a significant improvement in the fine lines and wrinkles on my forehead and around my eyes. 
Another device I want to get back to using is this iconic microcurrent one, which can visibly lift the contours of the face and neck. This starter kit has everything I need, takes five minutes, and makes my face and neck look sculpted. Yep, I'm buying it. 
For even more moisture, I'm going to be investing heavily in hair masks. This one is at the top of my list. It boosts elasticity, enhances smoothness, and deeply hydrates the hair without weighing it down. So, basically, it's a dream come true. 
Hydration is important, but so is a feeling of calm productivity when it comes to fall workdays. I'm going to keep this refreshing mint face mist by my desk for whenever I need a little pick-me-up. 
I want to get back into a healthy routine, and part of that for me is dry brushing every morning before I hop in the shower. It's an easy way to boost circulation, enhance your skin's glow, and feel a bit more vibrant on chilly mornings. 
Speaking of getting back into a healthy routine, I want to focus on fitness. Morning pilates is made a bit easier when you have a practical, yet aesthetic yoga mat to roll out. 
Yet another Crown Affair product I'm adding to my line up, this one uses hyaluronic acid, tea tree oil, and aloe to soothe dry, irritated scalp. It's just what I need when the cold weather hits.  
I recently tried these liquid eyeshadows, and I love them. They're easy to blend, long-wearing, and highly pigmented. I know I'll be wearing this soft brown shade all throughout the fall season. 
This body scrub is heavenly. It has just the right texture of particles to deeply exfoliate the skin without causing irritation (IYKYK). It also contains moisturizing ingredients like passion fruit oil and shea butter, so it's not drying. The fragrance is the cherry on top. It has a rich and woody santal scent that makes my everything shower feel so luxurious. 
After exfoliating, I'll reach for this silky body oil. It contains squalane, rosehip oil, and pumpkin seed oil, it's like a hit of moisture for parched skin. Plus, it has a warm and spicy scent that makes it perfect for fall. 
There's no way I'm going into fall without buying a new seasonal fragrance. This one, from Phlur, has notes of lush fig, jasmine dew, and sandalwood, so it's both woody and earthy—AKA the perfect fall scent. 
No more thick, cotton towels for my hair. I'm going to swap them out with this microfiber towel, which wicks moisture away without roughening up the hair cuticle. 
Finally, to embrace the fall vibes as much as possible, I'm buying this nail polish. In my opinion, it's the prettiest fall shade...I learned about it from Hailey Bieber's nail artist. If it's good enough for her, it's definitely good enough for me. 


from Who What Wear https://ift.tt/P9cRLeA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Selena Gomez's Favorite Tights Are Temporarily on Sale for Amazon's October Prime Day

She's worn them three times this week. from WhoWhatWear RSS Feed https://ift.tt/F2joJql