Wednesday, October 2, 2024

I Tried the Kacey Musgraves x Reformation Bunny Dress Everybody Wants

I won't lie to you, the Kacey Musgraves x Reformation collection does not align with my typical aesthetic. But the 36-year-old singer, who is currently on tour promoting "Deeper Well" - which was just nominated for CMA's album of the year - wears it well. The 17-piece capsule collection aims to showcase Musgraves's personal style and music evolution. It has an English countryside feeling, composed of rich plaids, delicate lace, Victorian bows, equestrian boots, and vintage denim corsets. In a word, it's romantic - which is not how you'd describe even a small chunk of my wardrobe.

While I love avant-garde shapes and bold colors, and would even describe my fashion sensibility as ever-changing, I had yet to dabble in pouf sleeves and doily trims until I met the Bunny Dress ($248). Since the collaboration was dropped in stores and online on Sept. 16, this dress has quickly become one of the most popular silhouettes, largely thanks to Musgraves's appearance on "Late Night with Seth Meyers." The Bunny was the first item she wore from the line she helped design, teamed with a pair of simple black heeled mules.

I had yet to dabble in pouf sleeves and doily trims until I met the Bunny Dress.

"I got to curate every single detail of this whole line," she told Meyers. "There's denim, there's headscarves, there's boots, dresses - it's very romantic and I'm really proud of it." She continued, "It wasn't something I just slapped my name on. I really wanted to bring the 'Deeper Well' aesthetic into a different dimension." Musgraves went on to reveal that she worked with Reformation for a full year on production, and then shot the campaign in the Cotswolds in England, with her little sister Kelly Christine Sutton behind the camera.

"I keep saying this is the perfect line for you to just frolic around in," Musgraves said. And while I've never bought a dress that made me think of frolicking in the meadow (what meadow?), Musgraves's on-screen look was so appealing, I knew I wanted to put my personal touch on it and try to make it my own. What happened when I actually got my hands on the Bunny mini and tried it on surprised me even more. Not only did I feel comfortable enough to embrace my girlier, dare I say demure-leaning, side, I also accessorized with frilly socks and Mary-Janes, a nod to Musgraves's iconic campaign.

Scroll to learn a bit more about the Kacey Musgraves x Reformation collaboration ahead, then read my full review of the Bunny Dress.

What Are the Most Popular Pieces in the Kacey Musgraves x Reformation Collection?

The Kacey Musgraves x Reformation collection is comprised of 17 pieces that range in price from $28 to $498. The Bunny dress is definitely one of the most popular pieces, likely because it was the first style Musgraves debuted when she paid a visit to Seth Meyers. The exact version she wore is still in stock in every size, except for in petite, where most sizes are currently waitlist only. According to Reformation, the collection sold very quickly, with the Deeper Well Denim Shirt and Dallas Denim Corset being first to sell through - although most sizes are currently restocked at this time. The Silver Lining Cashmere Two Piece also gets plenty of search, and it's currently available in both gray, and almost every size in camel.

Is the Kacey Musgraves Reformation Collection Sustainable?

Like all of Reformation's clothing, Kacey Musgraves x Ref prioritizes sustainability. You can read about the brand's commitment to sustainable production methods here, but the 17-piece collection does incorporate deadstock fabrics, regenerative wool, and recycled cashmere, minimizing every shopper's carbon footprint.

About the Kacey Musgraves Reformation Bunny Dress

  • It comes in three different shades: Brown Plaid, Black, and Chianti (a wine red).
  • It's available in sizes 0-12 and is designed to be fitted at the bodice with an A-line skirt that slightly fans out at the hemline.
  • It's available in petite sizing in all three colorways.
  • You can visit any US Reformation store that offers hemming to have the dress altered for free.
  • The dress material is crafted from deadstock fabric that consists of polyester, rayon, wool, and spandex, and it is dry clean only.
  • Shipping is free, and you can finance your purchase in $62 increments.

What I Like About the Kacey Musgraves Reformation Bunny Dress

The Kacey Musgraves x Reformation collection comes with a signature tag that suggests exclusivity, which is especially appealing for fans. Like most of Reformation's clothing, the Bunny Dress feels well-made and isn't too flimsy or thin. It comes lined and the scoop-neck is comfortable. Neither the elastic at the sleeves or the lace trim felt itchy against my skin during wear. But I think I discovered my favorite element of this dress before I even left the house: It's actually very versatile.

We saw Musgraves wear it with mules on the aforementioned talk show; I liked how it looked in the mirror with knee-high boots, my Steve Madden loafers, and the cranberry Mary-Janes and socks combination that Musgraves and I both successfully pulled off; and podcast host and author Tinx even wore it with the Franklin Boots that are part of the collection. Finally, the dress definitely fits true to size. I'm wearing a 0, which is my typical size, and it fit like a glove.

What to Consider Before Buying the Kacey Musgraves Reformation Bunny Dress

If you love a dress that's machine washable, unfortunately, the Bunny is dry clean only to preserve all the delicate details. However, in my opinion, this is a year-round investment piece that works with tights and boots in the winter and bare legs and flats in the summer, so I think it's worth the trip to the cleaners. Price-wise, this dress does err on the expensive side when it comes to a minidress, but, again, it can be dressed up or down and works for many different occasions. If you're considered petite like me (I'm 5'1"), I would recommend trying out the shorter iteration, but I actually felt satisfied with the length of the regular size, which suggests a petite cut might have been too short for my liking.

Where Can You Buy the Kacey Musgraves Bunny Dress From Reformation?

The Kacey Musgraves x Reformation Bunny Dress is currently only available on the brand's website.



Sarah Wasilak is the associate director of Shopping at PS. With plenty of experience in the commerce market, a keen interest in SEO, and 10 years as an editor at the brand, she enjoys writing across the lifestyle and health-and-fitness categories. She has bylines at PS, InStyle, Elle, Refinery29, Who What Wear, Elite Daily, Byrdie, and The Quality Edit and aims to amplify minority voices in all her work.



from POPSUGAR Fashion https://ift.tt/FduPp4v

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jenny Walton's Advice For Vintage Newbies

Plus: How she got her start in fashion. from WhoWhatWear RSS Feed https://ift.tt/FteuG9o