Monday, August 3, 2026

It's True: This £23 Perfume Has Earned Me More Compliments Than My £230 Go-To

I'll admit, I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to the best perfumes. Thanks to my job, I've been lucky enough to try some of the world's most luxurious fragrances, and they definitely don't come cheap. It means I've developed quite an expensive taste in scents, and I can't see that changing anytime soon. So, when I met my friend for brunch and immediately got a waft of one of the most elegant perfumes I've come across, I asked her what it was and was shocked to hear it was from Zara.

Creator @deborabrosa wearing a white off-the-shoulder top and a large silver bangle

(Image credit: @deborabrosa)

I've written about Zara perfumes in the past and definitely consider them some of the best affordable fragrances on the market. However, I didn't know that they could be this good. The minute I found out the name of the scent my friend was wearing (Zara Golden Decade, FYI), I went on the brand's website and was delighted to see that it was only £23. Honestly, it's giving my £230 perfumes a run for their money.

The only downside? This fragrance sells out a lot. It's finally back in stock, so I thought it was the perfect time to write about it, but if you want to smell it for yourself, you'd better act fast...

Zara Golden Decade

If you've considered buying this perfume yourself, you might have noticed that there are quite a few iterations available. Yes, it seems that the scent is so popular that Zara has expanded on the Golden Decade range, and I'm certainly not mad about it. However, let's talk about the original. This luminous, sensual scent is a true head-turner, with notes of mandarin, orange blossom, lavender and vanilla. Whilst it opens with an uplifting, citrusy aroma, the warm, sweet undertones soon unfurl onto the skin, creating this captivating blend that feels sophisticated yet modern. It's a true desk-to-date-night perfume that envelops the senses in this fruity, floral, heady cloud.

Two Zara Golden Decade perfumes on a white linen background

(Image credit: @gracelindsay__ for Who What Wear UK)

As mentioned, there are now different variations of the perfume available, and I have to say, they are just as captivating as the original. Whilst some of my favourites have already sold out, you can currently shop Golden Decade Elixir, an intense, concentrated version of the popular scent, alongside Golden Decade Sweet, a gourmand fragrance with heightened notes of vanilla. Honestly? I'm yet to come across a version I don't love.

You're probably thinking, for £23, the perfume can't last long, right? Wrong. Thanks to the warm, heady base, this actually lingers on the skin way longer than you'd expect from a high-street scent. Plus, thanks to the affordable price tag, I don't mind throwing a smaller bottle in my bag to top up throughout the day. I usually have some reservations with trending perfumes, but I know Golden Decade will be a firm favourite in my collection for years to come.

Shop the Perfume:

Why Trust Us

At Who What Wear UK, we know that beauty isn’t one-size-fits-all. Our editors have tested thousands of products, including some skincare, makeup, hair and nails, over the years and work closely with trusted experts—dermatologists, make-up artists and leading industry insiders—to ensure every guide is well-researched, inclusive and relevant to you.

We focus on formulas that deliver, whether they’re affordable favourites or luxury investments. Our product selection is based on tangible results, ingredient know-how and what we’d truly recommend to a friend.



from Latest from Who What Wear https://ift.tt/TfcBO4g

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's True: This £23 Perfume Has Earned Me More Compliments Than My £230 Go-To

I'll admit, I'm a bit of a snob when it c...