Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Ariana Madix Had One Wish for Her Emmys Look: "I Wanted to Look Like a Star"

On July 8, 2026, in the dead of night in Fiji, Ariana Madix got a call from her team letting her know she had just scored her first Emmy nomination as the host of Peacock's Love Island USA. It was a career-defining moment for the actress and TV personality, but the celebrations could wait. Madix, in the midst of filming season 8 of the hit reality dating show, needed her beauty rest.

In the weeks since, the good news kept rolling in for Madix. Season 8 of Love Island USA shattered Peacock viewing, making it the streamer's most-watched original season, and last month, the 41-year-old announced her return to Broadway this fall playing Connie Francis in Just in Time.

This weekend was all about the 78th annual Creative Arts Emmy Awards. With her mom as her date, Madix indulged in a glamorous evening complete with a glittery pale-pink Yara Shoemaker gown with cascading crystal and beaded embellishments. Dripping in Sophia D jewels, she finished the look, styled by Jordan Dorso, with Gianvito Rossi heels and a spritz of her go-to Fiji fragrance. (More on this later.)

Madix invited Who What Wear into her getting-ready suite for an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at how her stunning Emmys look came together. Keep reading for more.

Left: Ariana Madix gets ready for the Creative Arts Emmy Awards in a gray robe styled off the shoulder. Right: Madix's pink sequin Yara Shoemaker gown on a hanger.

(Image credit: Andie Jane)

What was the first thing you did when you heard about your Emmy nomination?

It was the middle of the night when I found out from my team, so I went back to sleep. It was amazing to celebrate with the whole Love Island family in Fiji—"Lush Life" dance included.

Take us through your Emmys morning.

[My boyfriend] Dan made me some breakfast and then went to pick up my mom so we could get glammed together, and I had an iced coffee. I was so excited that my mom was going to share in the day with me, and she looked fabulous in her gown. Dan and I had flown in from New York the night before, so we didn't plan on doing anything else.

Portrait of Ariana Madix's glam ahead of the Creative Arts Emmy Awards. Her hair is slicked back and she is wearing a Sophia D drop earring.

(Image credit: Andie Jane)

This is a very exciting career milestone. When talking with your team, what was your vision for your red carpet look?

I never get my heart set on an idea too early because it might not be available or might not fit. That being said, I wanted to look like a star.

Tell us about the look you ultimately chose for the evening. What made it a standout among other options?

I had shown Jordan a Yara Shoemaker dress I loved. We had a fitting at my temporary Broadway apartment in New York and narrowed it down to two dresses we loved. Ultimately, we felt like this one was a perfect Emmys nod to Love Island because it felt like a glamorous mermaid.

Top: Ariana Madix receives final hair touchups before heading out to the Creative Arts Emmy Awards. Bottom: Ariana Madix poses with her dog in her hotel room.

(Image credit: Andie Jane)

Any favorite details to note?

The jewels really set the whole look off. We went for an asymmetrical look with the earrings and the most gorgeous rings. When Jordan sent me a photo of the ring, my response was just, "I'm dead."

What's your red carpet dressing philosophy?

I have to feel confident. It doesn't matter how amazing something is. If I feel unsure of myself in any way, you'll see that all over my face.

Left: Ariana Madix's shoe options. Right: A close-up of Madix's Yara Shoemaker sequin dress.

(Image credit: Andie Jane)

What was the direction for your glam look? Did you and your team look at any specific references?

I sent a bunch of inspo pics in our group chat, and [my makeup artist Afton Williams] and [hairstylist Carl Bembridge] took it and made it into something completely new. Afton created her own blush shade with all the different things she was mixing, and Carl is truly a sculptor of hair.

Ariana Madix eats a Something About Her sandwich before heading to the Creative Arts Emmy Awards.

(Image credit: Andie Jane)

What are your essential red carpet beauty products?

Once I leave the house, I'm on my own, and it can be a while before photos are taken, so I always bring a clean brush to press any spots where I'm creasing, extra lip product to reapply, and sometimes a small hairbrush.

What fragrance did you choose for the evening, and why?

I wore the Sol de Janeiro perfume mist in number 59. I have it in Fiji when I'm filming, so it felt right to wear it for the night.

Ariana Maddix makes a kiss face to her boyfriend while getting ready for the Creative Arts Emmy Awards.

(Image credit: Andie Jane)

Who were you most excited to see/run into tonight?

My mom and my team, fellow nominee Kristen Kish, and Queen Latifah!

What did the end of your night look like?

We went to the gala afterward with my team and my mom. After that, we went home to get ready to fly back to New York!

Ariana Madix shows of her final look, featuring a dusty pink sequin Yara Shoemaker gown and Sophia D drop earrings.

(Image credit: Andie Jane)

Right after this, you are returning to Broadway as Connie Francis in Just in Time. What are you looking forward to with this performance?

Connie's music has resonated with so many people, including myself, and it's an honor to tell her story. Every day, I wake up grateful that I get to do what I love for a living, surrounded by people who inspire me creatively every day. We used to pray for times like these, and I'll never forget that!

Photographer: Andie Jane
Stylist: Jordan Dorso
Hairstylist: Carl Bembridge
Makeup Artist: Afton Williams



from Latest from Who What Wear https://ift.tt/Xtx49yu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ariana Madix Had One Wish for Her Emmys Look: "I Wanted to Look Like a Star"

On July 8, 2026, in the dead of night in Fiji, Ar...