Thursday, October 1, 2026

NYC Fashion People Have Already Started Wearing These 4 Jacket Trends From Free People

@aniyahmorinia

(Image credit: @aniyahmorinia)

Few things get me more amped for the fall than the chance to style lightweight jackets again. Spiced lattes and changing leaves are great and all that, but carefully selecting outerwear on a crisp, cool day? Nothing pleases my fashion editor heart more. Barn jackets have taken over my coat closet in a way that I'm almost embarrassed to admit. I'm currently looking at seven styles and colorways that I've worn on steady rotation for the last four fall seasons. This year, I'm eager to try something new: military/band jackets, funnel-neck jackets, suede styles, and sporty styles. Free People has so many versions of these new, on-trend pieces that the NYC fashion set has already been styling. The ones below are my current favorites.

Military Jackets

I'll start with the jacket trend that's a bit of an acquired taste. The military/band jacket style can be identified by its short collars, heavier hardware, and cropped length. It's a piece that skeptics may be hesitant to buy, but once styled, it will make you look like the ultimate fashion person this season.

Funnel-Neck Jackets

Everyone and their mother owns the Chelsea Funnel-Neck Oversized Jacket ($168), including me. It's lightweight and comfortable, and it's the ideal jacket to kick off this funnel-neck category. Whether you like stripes, solids, or a little bit of lace, these five styles feel on-trend this season.

Suede Jackets

Whether your budget is $200 or $700, there's a suede jacket here for you. As someone who owns a few of Free People's vegan suede styles, I can attest to their quality and shape. If you have a larger budget and want to invest in a real suede jacket, the styles below get my editor's stamp of approval.

Sporty Jackets

Now that luxury fashion brands have put nylon anorak jackets on the runways, it's safe to say you can wear sporty jackets outside of the gym. These look just as good with activewear as they do with denim.



from Latest from Who What Wear https://ift.tt/kLEvCSr

No comments:

Post a Comment

NYC Fashion People Have Already Started Wearing These 4 Jacket Trends From Free People

(Image credit: @aniyahmorinia ) Few things get me...