Sunday, July 30, 2023

Rose Inc's Newest Lip Product Completely Changed My Mind About Liquid Lipsticks

Welcome to Deep Reviews—your one-stop destination to discover the absolute best products and brands the beauty industry has to offer. The Who What Wear staffers you already know and trust will research, test, and review the market's most sought-after and buzzed-about products to see which products are truly worth your hard-earned money and attention. You can expect honest, completely uncensored feedback and no-BS recommendations our hard-to-please testers endorse without reservations.

The majority of our Deep Reviews will feature our editors' honest, ultra-hot takes on entire product categories or multiple products from a particular beauty brand, but every so often, we'll sprinkle in a special single-product format called Honestly, I Love It. As the name suggests, these reviews will hone in on one standout beauty formula our editors quite literally can't shut up about. This time around, I'm spilling all my thoughts on the Rose Inc Lip Cream Weightless Matte Color ($28).

Among Who What Wear's beauty editors, I'm notorious for my dedication to all things glossy. Glossy lipstick balms and lip oils are products I naturally gravitate toward without a second thought. I'm convinced the best lip products are one's with long-lasting, pigmented color sans the icky stickiness that's so commonly associated with gloss. But isn't that what matte lipstick is meant to accomplish? That's the case for Rose Inc's Lip Cream Weightless Matte Color, which has altered my relationship with matte products for good. It's become a staple in my everyday makeup routine and a special finishing touch when I'm in the mood for something as bold as it is versatile.

Let's talk first impressions. I've been a longtime fan of Rose Inc's makeup and skincare products. Since discovering the brand two summers ago, a day hasn't gone by when I haven't reached for something from it. I don't entirely know what I was expecting from the product when it first emerged from its aesthetically pleasing packaging. I had tested it briefly before by just swiping a shade or two on the back of my hand while browsing my beauty supply store, but of course, that wasn't enough to give me a well-rounded idea of what the product could offer beyond texture.

It wasn't until I twisted the uniquely shaped applicator from its tube and brushed it against my lips, starting from the inside and then working my way outward, that I fully began to appreciate it for what it was—a lightweight, creamy lip product that packs a massive pigmented punch. I got in touch with Jason Hoffman, a global makeup artist at Rose Inc, for the lowdown on the Lip Cream's evolution and impact.

According to Hoffman, developing the Lip Cream was both exciting and challenging, beginning with crafting the perfect formula that balances wear, transfer resistance, and comfort. "Rosie had a very specific sensorial experience in mind, and it was so important to capture that," begins Hoffman, referring to Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, founder of Rose Inc. "Next, it was about making the colors as pure and as vibrant as possible. The nudes had to look fresh and alive, and the bold colors needed to pop but look rich and wearable. The result is 12 beautiful shades that feel as beautiful as they look." 

Rose Inc began as a beauty publication that, in August 2021, expanded into a clean skincare and makeup brand. The Lip Cream follows this legacy to a tee. "What separates Lip Cream from other liquid lip products is the level of skincare ingredients used. In addition to our sustainable squalane (for weightless hydration), Lip Cream is infused with postbiotics and fermented botanicals," he explains. These ingredients work in tandem to strengthen the moisture barrier while visibly smoothing and plumping the lips. 

Like any lip product, the way you apply it makes a difference. Luckily, the Lip Cream is versatile, allowing its wearer to use it as a reflection of their personal makeup preferences. "For a soft and diffused lip, apply to the center of the lips and blend out using fingertips or a fluffy brush. It gives the perfect pop of color with an undone, just-kissed finish," says Hoffman. "For a bold and saturated lip, apply Lip Cream using the tip of the applicator as a liner, then fill in the rest of the lips. Apply additional layers until the desired intensity is achieved for an intense, smoldering pout." It's as simple as that—very little effort for a big impact that lasts.

As you may have already guessed, Rose Inc's Lip Cream has quickly become a favorite of mine. I haven't tried one shade that hasn't complemented my deep skin tone, and I've yet to experience any drying or fading after wearing the products all day (with a couple of reapplications following meals). If you, like me, have been hesitant to dive into the world of matte lipsticks again after not touching one since the late 2010s, this is your chance to majorly upgrade your makeup game.

Up next, This Beloved "If You Know, You Know" Perfume Smells Like Plastic, and I Love It



from Who What Wear https://ift.tt/MyzoXSY

No comments:

Post a Comment

16 Chic Work Bags For Every Budget and Commute

Tired of lugging around a bulky, unorganized bag to work or across your school campus every day? Believe us, we know the struggle. This is ...